Is too much sex can ruin your relationship? (part 2)
When I got home nick was watching a baseball game on t.v. I came to him and stood right in front of him, blocking the game. He looked up, saw my face and asked immediately:
"what happened?"
"here is what happened: that woman - which I don’t know how she can call herself a relationship therapist – suggested that we stop touching each other!"
As I expected, nick turned off the t.v. and gave me his full attention now:
"what are you talking about?"
"as I told you, susan thinks that in order to renew our love and attraction towards each other we need to avoid hugging, kissing, and I'm not even talking about sex – for two weeks each month!"
"but how is it going to help us? Isn't it going to make things even harder?"
"that’s exactly what I said! Well, I didn’t actually said it…" I finished, starting to feel dab because of the way I left the restaurant.
"no, you didn’t!" said nick.
"yes, I did."
"no, you didn’t!!' said nick again
"yes, I did, and I'm not proud of it so stop saying that please!"
"I understand why you think that it's a strange idea, I think so too, but why did you leave? You could stay and find out why she thinks it's a good idea!"
"I know," I admitted, "I should have stayed. But I couldn’t help it – the idea of not touching you for two weeks made me sick. What if I was sad because of some reason and I needed a hug?"
"I know," said nick softly, "but can it hurt to listen to her? We don’t have to do as she says if we don’t agree with her."
"I know, but…"
"come on," added nick when he saw that I wasn’t convinced yet, "you read all kind of stuff and you consider yourself as a person who opened to others' people opinion, so why is this subject different?'
"fine, I give up! I will call her tomorrow."
"good!" said nick. He turned on the t.v, meaning to return to his game, but then he saw the bag I was holding.
"hey, did you bring me something from the restaurant?"
"I wish I could say that I did", I answered while opening the bag, "but I didn’t – the waiter gave it to me before I left and I wanted so much to get out of there that I didn’t stopped to ask what it was. He probably confused me with…"
I stopped talking when I saw what was in the bag: it was another lasagna, still hot and steaming.
"o.k, that’s it! I have to know what is this thing with the lasagnas!"
"what thing?" asked nick.
"when I was in the restaurant I ordered lasagna, and when I finished it the waiter gave me another one, without me asking. And now this!"
"you can ask her tomorrow about that. are you going to eat that?" he asked, pointing at the lasagna.
"no," I said, handing him the lasagna. "please take it from me – if I see anymore lasagnas I'll puke."
0 Responses

Post a Comment